Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pink Pacific - Oil Painting

Happy Earthday !! Hope you were able to enjoy something natural, something earthy, something outside today. I wanted to go out and do some plein air painting today to celebrate earth in my own way. Didn't quite workout, so I chose to finish this painting that I started some time last year.

This one is based on a photograph that I took during my visit to Carmel on a clear spring day. Pink ice plants carpets the Pacific Grove area in Carmel every spring and provides a stunning contrast to the blue ocean. Initially I wasn't sure if this is the composition that I wanted - I felt the rock was more distracting and took away the emphasis from the ice plants. After looking at it few months now, I think now I have grown to like the rock. :). So , here is the finished painting..


Done on a 11 X 14 Canvas with water soluble oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment