Monday, September 12, 2011

Santa Cruz Natual Bridges - Oil Painting

I started this painting as a demo in the gallery/store that I am showing in Petaluma and just managed to finish it over the weekend.

Another one of my favorite photographic location in Santa Cruz, CA is the Natural Bridges State park. This painting is based on my photo from that location. Two of the three natural bridges responsible for the parks name have collapsed. The only bridge left forms a natural arch near the shore. The arch is a nice backdrop for a tranquil beach scene. And as you might have noticed from the blog, I love painting beach scenes. The wetsand and the waves always lure me in.

Done on a 16 X 20 Canvas with water soluble oil. The arch and waves are done with knife and the rest with the brush.


Details on the arch & the waves..

No comments:

Post a Comment